Adel School – Adel, Iowa
The present home of the Adel Historical Museum, this building began its life as the first two-story brick schoolhouse in Adel. It was built in 1857 and remained a school until 1870. The building also served as the home of Leroy Lambert, an early community leader; then from 1898 until 1943 the Thorntons ran a boarding and rooming house there. This is one of the town’s oldest standing buildings and is now owned by the city of Adel.
Admission – None
Directions – on Main Street between 11th and 12th Streets
Hours – call for information
Phone – (515) 993-5472 (Main Street Adel) or (515) 993-4525 (City Hall)