The Friends Church in Ackworth, Iowa was built in 1869 as an academy building, containing a room for public worship as well as the school. The walls of the old academy building still serve as the walls of today’s modern church.
The village surrounding it was then named Ackworth 10 years before the Chariton, Des Moines & Southern Railroad built a line from Chariton to Indianola (soon thereafter to be taken over by the Burlington) and established a station at Ackworth.
The church is open for services on Sundays, can be visited other times by calling (515) 961-4650.
Location: In town on north side of Highway 92