Iowa Cubs Baseball – Des Moines, Iowa -
The Iowa Cubs are the Triple-A affilate of the Chicago Cubs. The Iowa Cubs play their home games at Principal Park in downtown Des Moines and are a member of the Pacific Coast League.
Baseball begins in April and runs through September. Game times are posted on the team web site and are subject to change. There are daytime games and night games.
Principal Park continues to rate as one of the top minor league facilities in the country. The stadium, which was built prior to the start of the 1992 season, has seen more than three million fans pass through its gates.
The 12,000-seat stadium features 45 skyboxes, a picnic area and a mezzanine level.
After the 2005 season, the stadium received a $6.8 million renovation. The project includes:
• Extending the right field grandstand and adding 1,082 new seats
• Replacing all other seating in the stadium with new, uniform folding seats
• Construction of a new picnic area and right field bleacher seating section
• Replacing the scoreboard and videoboard
• Replacing stadium field lighting system
• Adding a series of fountains
• Improvements to the façade of the Cub Club restaurant and left field skyboxes
• Rain checks — Keep your ticket stub! In the event the game is rained out, your stub will allow admittance to a game later in the season (excluding special events).
• Elevator — An elevator is available for those in need and to reach the skyboxes behind home plate. The elevator is located at Gate C near the main office entrance.
• Special services — Handicapped seating is available in several areas throughout the ballpark. The first aid room is located on the first base side on the main concourse level. The information booth is located behind home plate next to the merchandise store on the main concourse level. Children under age 3 are admitted free to the stadium with a pass, but must sit in the lap of an adult. Call Mark’s Starting Service (262-4140) if your car won’t start after the game or you are locked out of your car.
• Tickets — Home Plate Club seats are $20 each. Club Box seats are $10 each. Field Box seats are $8 each. Reserved Grandstand seats are $8 for adults and $6 for children 13-under. General Admission seats are $6 for adults and $4 for children 13-under. (Note: Groups of 25 or more are eligible for reduced ticket rates.) Children 3 and under do not need a ticket if they sit in the same seat as an adult.
• For your safety — To ensure a safe environment, all items carried into Principal Park are subject to inspection. No food or beverage may be brought into the stadium.
• Beverages — Fans must be 21 years old to purchase or consume alcohol. Anyone found purchasing alcohol for a minor is subject to prosecution, while any minor found in possession of alcohol will be escorted from the stadium. All sales of alcohol will stop after the seventh inning.
• The gates open 90 minutes before each home game.
Free parking in any Iowa Cubs lot is provided with the purchase of CLUB BOX SEASON TICKETS. All parking is on a first come, first served basis. There is no guaranteed parking.
Directions: Principal Park is located at the confluence of the Des Moines and Raccoon rivers just south of downtown Des Moines. From Interstate 235, take the Third Street exit, then travel south to Line Drive and turn left.
Address: One Line Drive Des Moines IA
Phone: Phone: 515.243.6111
Office Hours: Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to noon (March to Labor Day)
Game days: 9 a.m. to end of game