Edinburgh “Ghost Town” And Museum – Scotch Grove, Iowa
On the original site of the first county seat are more than 11 buildings including a log cabin, schoolhouse, church, and blacksmith shop. This “town” was the seat of government for Jones County from 1840-1847. New buildings have been erected to house early documents, photographs, furniture, equipment, and other artifacts of the early history of this region. Special activities are held on Edinburgh Day, which is always the first Sunday after Labor Day, to help visitors relive the past.
Admission – None
Directions – on County Home Road between County Road X-44 and State Highway 38
Address: 13838 Edinburgh Rd, Scotch Grove, IA 52310
Hours – 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Sunday, May – September, or by appointment
Phone – 563-487-3651