LIDTKE MILL – Lime Springs, Iowa
This mill, on the Upper Iowa River, is one of the few remaining examples in Iowa of an old flour mill. The mill has working turbines. On the mill grounds is a 1900 Victorian style home which has been furnished in the Late Victorian décor. Across the river is a beautiful park where primitive camping is permitted. The footprints of a worker nearly electrocuted there can still be seen in the floor of the control room.
Admission – There is a charge for camping in the park
Directions –1 mile north of Lime Springs, between U. S. Highway 63 and County Road V36
The Lidtke Mill Complex is open 2 days a week from Memorial Day – Labor Day.
Hours: Saturday and Sunday – 1:00 to 4:00.
For more information please call the Lidtke Mill Historic Site at 563-566-2828 or 563-566-2310.
Credit Cards – None
Phone – (319) 566-2828