LAURA INGALLS WILDER PARK AND MUSEUM – Burr Oak, Iowa
The museum is housed in a 11-room hotel. The hotel was the Ingalls family’s home during part of their two-year stay in Burr Oak. The family moved there in 1876. The hotel is on the National Register of Historic Places and has been restored. Wilder was the author of the “Little House” books. Memorabilia of the family, the place, and the town can be seen.
Admission – Fee is charged
Directions – near the downtown
Hours – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., daily, May 1 – September 30
Credit Cards – None
Phone – (319) 735-5916