Phelps Youth Pavilion – Waterloo, Iowa
The Arts are NOT dead, they are alive and thriving in the new Phelps Youth Pavillion. The interactive center allows for the creativity of both the young and the young at heart. Explore the art and culture from around the world at this outstanding addition to the Waterloo Center for the Arts.
Just open in April of 2008 this addition to the Waterloo Center for the Arts covers 39,000 square feet of space allowing the users the space and freedom to explore the arts in a wide range of areas. Parents and children working together to create art is a fabulous way to spend a day.
The Pavilion encourages tours for students with their classes from area schools. Tours are held Tuesday – Friday during regular business hours.
ADMISSION (Special pricing for tours only)
School groups: $1 per student; adults free…Thanks to Target and Allen Hospital
General groups: $3 per person
- To qualify for tour pricing, groups must have a minimum of 12.
- Groups are asked to bring one adult for every 6 children.
- Group size can range from 6 to 70 students.
- A typical tours is 2 hours; however special arrangements can also be made.
SCHOOL GROUP TOUR EXPERIENCE
- Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarten through 8th
- Pre/Post information packets will be provided to all teachers
- 2 hours of experiential learning & exploration for students
Six Pillars of Character:
- Trustworthiness. Respect. Responsibility. Fairness. Caring. Citizenship.
Standards & Benchmarks:
- Social Studies, Math, Science, Art, and Language Arts
SCHEDULE YOUR CLASSROOM TOUR TODAY!
All children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult, groups of 6 and less may have one adult superviser with them.
Admission: Children 1 and under are free; $5.00 for admission for all others. The third Thursday of every month is dollar day and the hours are from 10 AM to 8 PM.
Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Mondays Closed to the Public
Phone: (319) 291-4490
Fax: (319) 291-4270
Phelps Youth Pavilion
at the Waterloo Center for the Arts
225 Commercial Street
Waterloo, IA 50701-1313
Phelps Youth Pavilion is located in downtown Waterloo at the corner of First Street (Highway 63 North) and Commercial Street, along the scenic banks of the Cedar River.
Waterloo Center for the Arts is handicapped accessible. If you require special assistance to participate in our programs, please call us at (319) 291-4490.