The Prairie Log House And School House – Storm Lake, Iowa
The use of oak logs that have been split and dovetailed with an ax can be seen as one tours the exterior and interior of the house. The home contains furniture and other items typical of pioneer life in the 1870s.
Also in the same area is a one-room schoolhouse that has been moved there from somewhere in the county. It was built in 1872, and it houses a permanent display of school memorabilia that was used in the early 1900s.
Admission – None
Directions – turn off State Highway 7 onto Sunrise Park Road, Storm Lake, Iowa 50588
Hours – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Saturday – Sunday, Memorial Day – Labor Day
Phone – (712) 732-4955